Welcome to Week 3 of Mindful Arts and Creative Expression, a reflective space where you can connect with yourself and express your feelings in a creative way.
Each week we will offer a theme or creative suggestion and will talk you through ways to feel centred and connected. We will be including a variety of art forms, for example drawing, painting, sculpture, poetry and rhythm/music.
Remember, you do not need to have any previous experience or having taken part in any of the previous weekly activities so… turn on your audio, watch your video and start to mindfully create!
When you have finished, we invite you to share your responses as seeing others’ interpretations can create a sense of togetherness in these changing times. If you choose to do so, you can share your creative reflections with others on our INSTAGRAM @MindfulArtsCreativeExpression. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
Enjoy the experience and we look forward to seeing the mindful creative outputs shared in our INSTAGRAM gallery!
See you next week, at the same time at the same place! To make this a reliable weekly routine and receive a reminder with a link to next session, please join the mailing list/follow this blog.
Be well and stay safe,
Jude & Erminia
If you are unable to access the audio, here is a brief summary:
Week 3 – Uncertainty
- We thought we would build on last week’s concept of time and this week invite you to reflect on the word ‘uncertainty’.
- Take some time and allow your thoughts and feelings to settle.
- Think about what the word ‘uncertainty’ means to you, in the here and now.
- It may bring up other feelings, so please don’t feel restricted by the word.
- Allow yourself time to see what emerges.
- It may be helpful to think about what feels absent, as well as what feels present.
- You can use any material you have available; you may want to use things you have around the house or found objects. For example, herbs and spices can add texture and colour, flour can be made into a paste or dough.
- Remember that it does not have to be finished for you to share it with others, all creative expression is equally valued.
- if you would like to share your creative response with others, please share a picture of it on our Instagram gallery. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
- If you use photography, please remember to avoid pictures of identifiable people or places.