Welcome to Week 1 of Mindful Arts and Creative Expression, a reflective space where you can connect with yourself and express your feelings in a creative way.
Each week we will offer a theme or creative suggestion and will talk you through ways to feel centred and connected. We will be including a variety of art forms, for example drawing, painting, sculpture, poetry and rhythm/music.
Remember, you do not need to have any previous experience so… turn on your audio and watch your first video!
When you have finished, we invite you to share your responses as seeing others’ interpretations can create a sense of togetherness in these changing times. If you choose to do so, you can share your creative reflections with others on our INSTAGRAM @MindfulArtsCreativeExpression. Please follow these instructions to see how to tag and correctly add images to the gallery.
If you are unable to access the audio, here is a brief summary:
- Week 1 is intended as an introduction, to connect with yourself and how you are feeling in the here and now.
- Check in with yourself, what emotion are you feeling most strongly right now?
- What materials might you like to use to capture your feeling, for example: pencil, paint, pastels, found objects, collage, sculpture, photography, poetry?
- You may wish to experiment with colour, shape, different mark making.
- It does not have to be finished for you to share it with others, all creative expression is valued.
- If it helps, set yourself a time limit.
- If you use photography, please avoid pictures of people or identifiable places.
- Once you have finished and if you would like to share it with others, please take a picture of your creation and share it on our Instagram gallery.
Enjoy the experience and we look forward to seeing the mindful creative outputs shared in our INSTAGRAM gallery!
See you next week, at the same time at the same place. If you wish to receive an email when the next activity is released, please join the mailing list/follow this blog. This is the best way not to miss a session!
Be well and stay safe,
Jude & Erminia