Welcome to Week 14 of Mindful Arts and Creative Expression, a reflective space where you can connect with yourself and express your feelings in a creative way.
Each week we will offer a theme or creative suggestion and will talk you through ways to feel centred and connected. We will be including a variety of art forms, for example drawing, painting, sculpture, poetry and rhythm/music.
Remember, you do not need to have any previous experience or having taken part in any of the previous weekly activities so… turn on your audio, watch your video and start to mindfully create!
When you have finished, we invite you to share your responses as seeing others’ interpretations can create a sense of togetherness in these changing times. If you choose to do so, you can share your creative reflections with others on our INSTAGRAM @MindfulArtsCreativeExpression. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
Enjoy the experience and we look forward to seeing the mindful creative outputs shared in our INSTAGRAM gallery!
If you are unable to access the audio, here is a brief summary:
Week 14-Light and Shadow
- We have really valued facilitating a space each week to pause for reflection and creative expression. Much has changed over the last few months and as lockdown has eased and we are moving into summer, we felt it was time to stop for now.
- As this will be our last week for now, we thought it might be helpful to spend the time reflecting and considering the concept of light and shadows, to reflect the changing landscape of our emotions.
- Think about the concept of light and shadows and reflect on your feelings in relation to the last few months and how you feel right now.
- Check in with yourself and notice which emotions surface and if any shapes or colours come to mind, any tones or any words or phrases, or if an image starts to form.
- Allow yourself time to feel how and what you feel in the here and now and using any materials you have to hand, create whatever you are drawn to.
- Remember that it does not have to be finished for you to share it with others, all creative expression is equally valued.
- If you would like to share your creative response with others, please share a picture of it on our Instagram gallery. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
- If you use photography, please remember to avoid pictures of identifiable people or places.