Welcome to Week 2 of Mindful Arts and Creative Expression, a reflective space where you can connect with yourself and express your feelings in a creative way.
Each week we will offer a theme or creative suggestion and will talk you through ways to feel centred and connected. We will be including a variety of art forms, for example drawing, painting, sculpture, poetry and rhythm/music.
Remember, you do not need to have any previous experience or having taken part in any of the previous weekly activities so… turn on your audio, watch your video and start to mindfully create!
When you have finished, we invite you to share your responses as seeing others’ interpretations can create a sense of togetherness in these changing times. If you choose to do so, you can share your creative reflections with others on our INSTAGRAM @MindfulArtsCreativeExpression. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
Enjoy the experience and we look forward to seeing the mindful creative outputs shared in our INSTAGRAM gallery!
See you next week, at the same time at the same place! To make this a reliable weekly routine and receive a reminder with a link to next session, please join the mailing list/follow this blog.
Be well and stay safe,
Jude & Erminia
If you are unable to access the audio, here is a brief summary:
Week 2 – Time
- This week we thought it might be helpful to focus on the concept of time.
- Check in with yourself and think about what ‘time’ means to you in the here and now and what feelings you experience in response.
- You may want to hold in mind the time that has passed, the time to come and how it feels to be right where you are.
- Give yourself time to reflect and see what emerges, an image may start to form in your mind, or some colours might come to mind that represent your feelings.
- Your creative response could be abstract, it could involve collage, images, photos, painting and drawing or sculpture, whatever you are drawn to or have to hand.
- Remember that it does not have to be finished for you to share it with others, all creative expression is equally valued.
- if you would like to share your creative response with others, please share a picture of it on our Instagram gallery. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
- If you use photography, please remember to avoid pictures of identifiable people or places.