Welcome to Week 6 of Mindful Arts and Creative Expression, a reflective space where you can connect with yourself and express your feelings in a creative way.
Each week we will offer a theme or creative suggestion and will talk you through ways to feel centred and connected. We will be including a variety of art forms, for example drawing, painting, sculpture, poetry and rhythm/music.
Remember, you do not need to have any previous experience or having taken part in any of the previous weekly activities so… turn on your audio, watch your video and start to mindfully create!
When you have finished, we invite you to share your responses as seeing others’ interpretations can create a sense of togetherness in these changing times. If you choose to do so, you can share your creative reflections with others on our INSTAGRAM @MindfulArtsCreativeExpression. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
Enjoy the experience and we look forward to seeing the mindful creative outputs shared in our INSTAGRAM gallery!
See you next week, at the same time at the same place! To make this a reliable weekly routine and receive a reminder with a link to next session, please join the mailing list/follow this blog.
Be well and stay safe,
Jude & Erminia
If you are unable to access the audio, here is a brief summary:
Week 6 – Kindness
- It is mental health awareness week in the UK and the theme for the week is kindness. With this in mind, we have chosen this as our starting point.
- Kindness is more important than ever and this includes kindness to self.
- Check in with yourself, what does kindness mean to you?
- Try to stay with what comes up for you in the here and now and see what emerges, whether it is an image, other words or emotions, colours, shapes and give yourself time to express this creatively.
- Out of the materials you have available, notice what you are drawn to.
- If it is helpful, set yourself a time limit, if not take the time and space you need to express yourself until you feel ready to stop.
- Remember that it does not have to be finished for you to share it with others, all creative expression is equally valued.
- if you would like to share your creative response with others, please share a picture of it on our Instagram gallery. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
- If you use photography, please remember to avoid pictures of identifiable people or places.