Welcome to Week 13 of Mindful Arts and Creative Expression, a reflective space where you can connect with yourself and express your feelings in a creative way.
Each week we will offer a theme or creative suggestion and will talk you through ways to feel centred and connected. We will be including a variety of art forms, for example drawing, painting, sculpture, poetry and rhythm/music.
Remember, you do not need to have any previous experience or having taken part in any of the previous weekly activities so… turn on your audio, watch your video and start to mindfully create!
When you have finished, we invite you to share your responses as seeing others’ interpretations can create a sense of togetherness in these changing times. If you choose to do so, you can share your creative reflections with others on our INSTAGRAM @MindfulArtsCreativeExpression. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
Enjoy the experience and we look forward to seeing the mindful creative outputs shared in our INSTAGRAM gallery!
See you next week, at the same time at the same place! To make this a reliable weekly routine and receive a reminder with a link to next session, please join the mailing list/follow this blog.
Be well and stay safe,
Jude & Erminia
If you are unable to access the audio, here is a brief summary:
Week 13-Our World
- Welcome back. With so much change taking place and more people meeting and socialising outside, this week we invite you to think about how you feel about these changes, the impact on yourselves and on the world.
- Take some time to reflect on how you feel in the here and now and on what you have seen and experienced as the world is starting to open up again.
- Notice how this makes you feel and which emotions it brings up.
- Allow yourself time for your thoughts and feelings to settle and notice whether any colours come to mind, any words, whether an image starts to form.
- You may like to experiment with collage and use a combination of natural, human made and found objects. Notice which materials you are drawn to, depending on what you have available and give yourself time and space to see what emerges.
- If it is helpful, set yourself a time limit, if not take the time and space you need to express yourself until you feel ready to stop.
- Remember that it does not have to be finished for you to share it with others, all creative expression is equally valued.
- If you would like to share your creative response with others, please share a picture of it on our Instagram gallery. Guidance on how to upload can be found HERE.
- If you use photography, please remember to avoid pictures of identifiable people or places.